Marriage preparation meetings can be enormously helpful.
Subjects that are likely to arise in marriage preparation meetings include:
- Expectations of married life
- How well couples really know each other
- Finances, joint accounts and planning
- Family and friends and their impact on the relationship
- Differences and similarities of outlook and what this can mean
- Communication — the why’s and how’s
- Support and collaboration
I have helped to develop and run the marriage preparation workshop at two of Putney’s churches: All Saints and St Mary’s.